We at Best Solar Panels are very passionate about implementing the use of solar energy to communities. People usually have misconceptions about solar energy and how it is not enough. People have known about solar power only since the 1830s. We invite you to read on about some of the things you might not have known about solar energy. We also invite you to visit our website and read about the services we have to offer if you are planning on switching to solar energy.
- Solar energy can be used to produce electricity. Solar cells capture wavelengths of solar radiation and convert them to electricity to be used in our homes. It is also a viable replacement for energy in case you are looking to save some money in a long run.
- It takes only 8 minutes for the sunlight to reach Earth and a few seconds more to make contact with a solar panel. This means that there will be a constant flow of sunlight reaching the solar panels.
- Solar energy is measured like electricity, in watts (kilowatts, megawatts, gigawatts, terawatts)
- Solar panels have 200 or 250-watt capacity.
- Most of the solar panels can produce eight to ten kilowatts of energy per square foot.
- Most of the homes consume about 11,000 kilowatt-hours per year. That means that you will need about 3- solar panels that get a daily average of 4 hours of sunlight.
- Solar power can be used to run air conditioning devices, water heaters and pretty much everything that runs on electricity. It is a cheaper, safer and more eco-friendly way.
- Solar panels are backed up with a battery that serves as a backup in case the sun isn’t shining. These batteries are charged when the sun is shining and they do not interrupt the work of the solar panels. Visit our contact page in case you are interested in installing solar panels!
- Solar panels do not need direct contact with the sunlight to produce energy. However, having them in direct contact with the sunlight will produce the optimal amount of energy.
- The sun is burning hydrogen at the moment. When the day comes when the sun runs out of hydrogen it will start burning helium, which does not change the fact that the panels will still be functional. They will still be using solar energy to create electricity.
- In order to power the entire planet with solar energy, we will need to install 191,000 square miles of solar panels, which Is not that impossible. The planet has 57 million square miles, you do the math!
- Solar energy is clean and healthy for the environment. It is one of the cleanest, most sustainable and most renewable resources in the world.
There you have it! Those are some of the most fundamental facts about solar energy. If you decide to switch to solar energy, do not hesitate to contact us. If you need more information about our services, do not hesitate to give us a call or visit our website.